Zindagi Gulzar Hai
Zindagi Gulzar Hai (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 34 times)
Remember Asher (Fawad Khan) from the epic tv serial Humsafar? Well, he is back with a bang, baby! I will forever be grateful to IPKKND as it was because of this show that I was introduced to Humsafar. I had seen FK starring in other shows but I strongly believe that his role as Asher brought out the best in him.
He is back with another show, "Zindagi Gulzar Hai," and I must say - it being only five episodes in, captured my heart from the very first ten minutes of the first episode.
I had the urge to share it with you all!
Zindagi Gulzar Hai is about two people, Zaroon (Fawad Khan) and Kashaf (Sanam Saeed).
Kashaf;born into a middle class family, to an educated mother - has already faced so many trials and tribulations in her life since a young age. Her life took a twisted turn when her father left her mother for an uneducated woman, only because he wanted a son. Due to the difficulties that she along with her mother and two sisters have had to face in life, Kashaf believes that God does not love her. In order to prove the people around her wrong and make her family, her mother proud - she gets an admission into the country's number one University, where she comes across Zaroon.
Zaroon;born with a silver spoon, into the upper class sector of society - Zaroon has been brought up with many priviledges in life. He takes everything for granted and believes that life is beautiful, he is flirtatious but an ambitious young man who always comes first in exams - until Kashaf enters his life that is.
What happens when these contrasting personalities meet?
Is there clash, love, friendship or hate?
Below, I am including teasers/promos that were released advertising this show before it came on air.
Official Title Song:
I will post the links to the episodes later on today and will update this view every Friday with the new episode, as it comes on once a week - every Friday.
To those IPK fans who haven't watched Humsafar - I suggest you to do so! If you want, I will put up a post with the links to all of the episodes, gladly!
Leave your thoughts below!
Until next time...
Episode Links! :) (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 20 times)
I am very pleased with the response from you all, here are episodes that have been aired so far, enjoy!
Urdu is quite similar to Hindi, I am not a Hindi speaker but knowing Urdu helps me to understand Hindi - there are certain words in both languages that stand out with a difference. However, both languages are what I love to say - in a way related. I will try to write written updates for the above five episodes, if I have time (can't guarantee it) unless someone will offer to do so instead. I have tried searching for the episodes with subtitles but have failed to find any. Every Friday, I will post the new episode for you all to enjoy InshaAllah and personally I would love to discuss with you - our thoughts about the episode.
I am opening up this myview, so if you want to share your thoughts on the episodes so far you can or you can always comment below. Up to you!
Until next time...
p.s. I will post Humsafar most likely tomorrow.
Episode 6! (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 14 times)
04th January 2013 - Episode 06:
- Asmara complains and says that Zaroon has got no right to object the type of clothes that she wears.
- Zaroon complains to his sister Sara about Asmara's dressing and says that women should be cautious of what they wear but they aren't and then they go around complaining that guys talk about and pass comments. Zaroon says that Asmara was like an "open invitation to abuse,"
- Kashaf's father is thinking about divorcing Rafia (Kashaf's mother) Kashaf's Uncle says that if this is the case then they will have to leave the house - since he wants his share of the property - he blackmails Rafia that if Kashaf does not marry his son then they only have 1 week to find themselves another home.
- Kashaf finds out about this and thinks about leaving her studies and finding a job but Rafia objects and says that God will make everything better for them. Kashaf says that God likes to give them pain and only cares about the rich.
- Rafia finds it hard to get another house - so Kashaf thinks of doing a sacrifice and marry Sajjad as it will keep a roof over her mother and sister's head. Kashaf's sister disagrees and says that their mother would never let Kashaf go ahead with the marriage.
- Junaid (Zaroon's father) questions Zaroon over marriage with Asmara, Zaroon states that he needs time to get to know Asmara more which Sara says that they have been friends forever, how long more does he need?
- Zaroon complains to his mother that she never had time for her family in the past when they were kids and she doesn't have time for them now either.
- Asmara finds out that Zaroon had gone somewhere without her and is hurt, Zaroon explains to her that he can't take her everywhere - some places are unsuitable for girls. Asmara accuses him of being a double standard to which Zaroon tries to put his point across and states that men can go anywhere but when they have a woman in tow, it gets different especially in a rough crowd, anything can happen - if she has complains about him then she should rethink about their wedding to which Asmara says that she has already decided to marry him.
- Kashaf and Zaroon have yet another arguement to which both complain to their siblings about.
- Kashaf's family finally find themselves another home.
It's only brief as I don't have much time at hand, sorry.
Here is the link to the special launch of Zindagi Gulzar Hai on Hum TV. Do watch it :) it's lovely and you get more information!
One thing that I personally love about Pakistani dramas is that they don't use studios for shooting but in fact go to locations to shoot. The houses used are all real etc and in this drama the university that Zaroon and Kashaf are studying at is an actual university; Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture!
For those whom have trouble accessing youtube or dailymotion you can always go along to desidramas.com and you will find this show under Hum TV.
Do leave your views!
Until next time....
Episode 7! (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 9 times)
Episode 07: 11th January 2013.
- Zaroon's friend chats away with Kashaf which bothers Zaroon!
- Maria (Kashaf's friend) tells Zaroon and Asmara that Kashaf doesn't even have a good single word to say about Zaroon and even if he decided to take an interest in her, she would not care at all.
- Kashaf's step-mum asks her son to find out about Rafia and the girls' whereabouts which he does, the step-mum starts doubting her husband thinking that he might have helped Rafia find another home.
- Sara and Farhan have a fight - which Zaroon tells Sara to not to long it out since they are getting married soon but Sara is determined to get Farhan to apologise again and again, literally wanting him to beg!
- Zaroon's mother asks him to come to Dubai with her in order to carry out the shopping for the wedding, he refuses first but then agrees.
- Zaroon advises Sara that sometimes in a marriage you have to make compromises but Sara says that their mother never made any compromise so she will not, either.
- Zaroon apologises to Kashaf and chats with her at every chance he gets but Kashaf seems to be disinterested. He is planning to see how long it takes for Kashaf to find him attractive. Kashaf is confused in seeing this sudden change of behaviour in Zaroon.
- Kashaf's uncle takes over the house which distresses her step-mum and dad.
- Zaroon asks Kashaf if they can become friends but Kashaf refuses.
Until next time...
Episode 8 (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 10 times)
Episode 8 - 18th January 2013:
I would have written highlights for it but have not been able to watch it myself yet so that is not possible right now so I apologise!
Enjoy the episode and leave your thoughts below!
Until next time...
Episode 9! (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 7 times)
I still haven't been able to watch this episode or episode 8 - so no highlights from me. If anyone wants to volunteer than happily do so.
I am sorry once again.
Enjoy the episode and apologies for the delay!
Episode 10 :) (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 5 times)
Episode 10 - 1st February 2013:
- Kashaf returns to university after a few days, their lecturer invites both Zaroon and Kashaf into his office and asks them about the library incident and whether these two have a problem with each other. Both say that they do not.
- Zaroon and Asmara officially get engaged!
- Sara has a fight with her husband, her Mum tells her not to back down but Zaroon does not understand this and thinks that Sara is making a big deal out of nothing.
- Kashaf's youngest sister leaves for her studies.
- Kashaf's step-brother is caught lying about his exam results.
- Zaroon and Asmara have an arguement where Asmara tells him that after marriage she will not live with restrictions, she will do whatever she feels like it and he cannot stop her. Zaroon then goes onto say that this means that they should seriously reconsider their decision regarding their marriage. Sarcastically, Asmara says to him why don't you marry Kashaf to which he replies it's not a bad idea.
- Zaroon begins to wonder about his engagement with Asmara - he does not undertstand the concepts surrounding, women emancipation, feminism and the liberal woman. The women who raise their voices over men, who have not got any restrictions and do what they feel like are seen as free, which he does not understand.
Until next time...
Episodes 11 and 12 (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 5 times)
Episode 13 (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 6 times)
Episode 13 - 22nd February 2013:
Until next week...
Episode 14! (By Jasquerade_X) (Thanked: 7 times)
Episode 14 - March 1st 2013:
Don't have time again to give highlights but would like point out a major development. Usamah (Zaroon's friend) proposes to Kashaf!
Arnav Khushi, please come back! Miss you!